Achievements during the academic year 2016-17
- Manjiri Wankhede student from B.Tech 3rd CS won inter NIT Tennis.
Achievements during the academic year 2014-15
- Following students of CSE department performed very well in GATE-15.
- Srijay Deshpande (AIR 12)
- Nikita Vedula (AIR 53)
- Munira Sayyad (AIR 186)
In ACM ICPC India Chennai Multi-Provincial National Programming Contest 2015, held on 28th February 2015, 5 teams from CSE department secured ranks within 1st 50 positions, including ranks 3rd, 10th and 12th.
1. Team Name : NOTAPRO
Members : Amogh Kamath, Prakhar Sethi, Ronak Shah
Position : 3rd (Won Rs 2000 in cash)
2. Team Name : CODESKULPTORS
Members : Chinmay Kar, Mayank Agarwal, Sai Bharadwaj
Position : 10th
3.Team Name : DIVINEDEVILS
Members : Harinath Kanchu, Anand Deshpande, Adhitya Kamakshidasan
Position : 12th
4.Team Name: RAPAG
Members : Parag Khandait, Gaurav Bhandarkar, Piyush Pote
Position : 34th
5.Team Name : CODE CRACKERS
Members : Siddarth Borigam, Mood Srikanth Chowhan, Sai Chinta Vamshi
Position : 39th
Notable Achievements during the academic year 2013-14
• Saurabh Sarda, Student of Computer Science & Engineering of 2012 batch scored 3rd AIR (All India Rank) among 1,55,950 student in All India GATE 2014 exam.
• 2 teams of students (comprising 6 students, 1 team each of M.tech and B.tech.) are selected in the final round of national level Hackathon competition based on cloud technologies, organized by IBM. 2 of the 5 final teams of the competition are from VNIT. The finals were held at IBM Pune on 22-23rd May, 2014. One of the teams comprising Diplav Dongre, Gaurav Sharma and Jaysheel Patel, were 2nd runner up in the finals.
• Paper titled “Scalable Cloud Deplyment on Commodity Hardware using Openstack” by M.Tech. students Diplav Dongre, Gourav Sharma and Jaysheel Patel (work done under the guidance of Dr. U.A. Deshpande, Prof. M.P. Kurhekar, Prof. R. B. Keskar, and Prof. Mansi Radke) is selected for the best paper award of the 2nd Iternational Conference on Advanced Computing, Networking, and Informatics (ICACNI 2014), held during 24-26 June, at Kolkata.
• 8 teams (comprising around 24 students) from CSE deptt were selected in the 1st level national online ACM-ICPC competition and represented VNIT in the 2nd level on-site competition, which took place at places like Bangalore, IIT-Kanpur, IIT-Kharagpur.
• Programming club started in the department. Short and Long online programming competitions were held throughout the academic year 2013-14.
• VNIT team (led by Prakhar Sethi) has won the Infosys Programming Contest organized by Pune centre. Teams from MAHARASHTRA, GUJARAT, and MADHYA PRADESH participated in the contest at this centre.
- Created: 02 October 2014
- Last Updated: 10 April 2017